THE STORY BEHIND "FLITTER FLATTERS"

This is the story of Flitter Flatters and where the name of my blog came from!

Last year, in a rash attempt to become rich and famous, I designed some adorable flip flops that I adorned with fancy ribbon and too cute buttons. I wore said flip flops to work, which happens to be a preschool, which happens to be filled with adult women who love anything that is “too cute”! I took orders for several pairs the first day just based on the ones I was wearing. With visions of a new Honda Odyssey and unlimited trips to Disney World dancing in my head I set out to become the next Bill Gates. Of flip flops. I envisioned myself telling my story on Oprah. How I had sat in my little Ford Explorer diligently sewing ribbons and buttons on flip flops while my sons were taking gymnastics, on their way to becoming future Olympians. Do you see a pattern here of how I dream BIG?

In the midst of my flip flop frenzy I decided that I simply must have a website, business cards and personalized stationary. I also needed a catchy name for my flops. Thus was born the term “flitter flatters”. I added the tag line “a little bit of happy for your feet” and I was on my way to financial freedom and jumping on Oprah’s couch, a la Tom Cruise! Alas, the flip flop endeavor was short lived. No glue known to mankind would make the ribbons and buttons stick to the flip flops for very long. And, come to find out, rubber is really, really difficult to push a needle through with your fingers. After producing about 30 pairs I just quit. My dreams went flitter flutter with tiny little wings.

Leap ahead to this year. I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a blog forever. I lurk on those of everyone I know and those I don’t. With some gentle encouragement from my very good friend Monica, I roped my husband into helping me set one up. After using it very little I decided to set my own blog up on a different program. That is where we are now. So, that is where flitter flatters began.

After thinking it through for a really long time I have come up with my definition of “flitter flatters”. It’s the little things that make someone’s heart happy. Simple things like a baby’s smile, a hug from your child or the wind blowing across your face. Anything that brings happiness to your heart!

What are some of your personal "flitter flatters"? Post a comment and let me know!

Bye ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my flitter flatter custom flops too! :) I was devastated when ya retired.

    ReplyDelete