Christmas Card Madness!


Well, after about three years of absolutely NO Christmas cards from the Dolph Gang I finally broke down and made one this year. I had grand visions of a perfect photo shoot with my three angels in non-matching, but complementary, fashionable outfits. Perfect hair, beautiful smiles and an out of the ordinary, random, highly artistic backdrop would complete my ideal photo. I had already decided on a very funky looking stacked rock wall at the football field for them to pose, non-chalantly of course, in front of. Then the photos would be printed out in black and white on a very modern black and white Christmas card template. I had it all planned out.

But, as with all of the very best of plans, things changed. It has been so cold and every evening we get in so late from picking Skye up at basketball practice that I haven't had time to take a picture. I looked at the calendar today, saw that it was already December 7th and decided to wing it. I made all three put on their coats and zip them up. I stood them on the porch together and took a few shots. Logan was not in the best of moods. The Falcon's lost today and he was mildly perturbed. The picture I've posted is the best I got. The more I look at it the more I love it. It is so MY kids! Evidently someone had just passed gas (my money is on Logan) and they found it completely hilarious! So, this is the picture I chose for my card. They are laughing and happy. No one is beating anyone up or sending glaring looks at each other. They are just being their usual loony, lovable selves!

I couldn't help but be semi-artistic though, so I chose a card layout that allowed for four photos. The main big picture is the one I took today of the three of them. Then there are three individual picture spots and I put one of my favorites from the past few months of each of them. All the pictures are black and white! I'm about to run pick them up, but I know I'll be happy with them. Sometimes the very best things in life are unplanned!


1 comment: